Teraz jest Pt, 29 mar 2024, 12:17

Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 3 ] 
Idea for the next adventure of Reksio 
Autor Wiadomość
Się Odezwał

Post Idea for the next adventure of Reksio
Hello,

Sorry for using English.

To introduce myself, I'm a long-time Reksio fan from Romania since its days of glory. Most of you probably know that many Aidem Media products, along Reksio games, were translated into other Eastern-European languages.

I had followed this forum for quite some time now, obviously translating it (as I know no Polish language at all). I saw that some members are still particularly active here, holding on to their loyalty or nostalgia, even in the face of Aidem Media apparently giving up producing the next episode of one of its most recent 3D adventure game, City of Secrets.

That can make you wonder about how lasting the influence of these games was. We can almost compare them to a "Half-Life" for that child generation which had the luck to play Reksio games in the game fresh years of production.

What I want to propose now is more related to the golden-age of Reksio, namely his 2D universe that originally made us get attached to his computer adventures.

I felt that the transition from the KN to the 3D was too brutal (save the RiKWA) and really underserved for what was otherwise such a fine series of games. In that way, I always thought that there could have been made at least another 2D Reksio adventure game that could properly continue the action were the KN has left it. Also, to live up to the already established canon as well as keep true to the series idea of variation, I thought about a 6th part representing again the adventures of Reksio into another dimension, only this time how it should have been done.

To begin with, the story of this 6th 2D game would have to erase the happy reunification of Kari Mata and Reksio at the end of KN as to avoid finality. Instead, the plot of the 6th story would specifically revolve around Kari Mata accidentally traveling to another dimension which is parallel to the present times of our two heroes. You see, when she jumped after Reksio&Kretes in the Mu teleporting machine, the system was already finishing its original sequence of travel so what Kari Mata experienced was a phenomenon of "interference" where other dimensions were opened for a brief moment. You may think at it in terms of reaching other stable "frequencies" allowing travel in other future dimensions when the energy of the system is lowering.

Back to the present reality of Reksio, no one actually can tell what happened with Kari Mata. Kogut knows from his ancestor Nemo that Kari Mata followed Reksio&Kretes in the teleporting machine just as well as he knew the ocean coordinates where to find the heroes. Yet he has no idea why Kari Mata didn't show up as well. So Kogut, along with his brother, start to make frequent visits with their plane around the Mu region of the ocean with the hope of seeing and saving Kari Mata. In the meantime, Reksio is sad at the thought that Kari Mata had possibly drowned while Kretes try to be for him a "shoulder" of consolation.

During another trip around the ocean of Kogut and his brother with their washing-machine plane in the hope of finding Kari Mata, Reksio and Kretes find out that the 4 kretons were secretly building a device that would allow them to travel instantly to their home planet, Kuran. But, by the mistake of the cardboard mole (as no one else would have liked to admit) the 4 moles build the machine wrongly in that way that it can connect to other dimensions. This is why they contact Reksio & Kretes and decide to tell them their secret because, when they were trying to fix the machine, they seen someone, Kari Mata, calling for Reksio at another end of the connection. But the machine is not yet fully functional and for the 4 moles to continue the work into the machine and rescue Kari Mata they need another quid pro quo, service counter service as usual. This time they do not want bread, as in KN, but they want macaroni. As a consequence, Reksio, now with a restored hope, and Kretes start to reconstruct an old rusty car from the garage as to go in the town to buy pasta for the moles (which was to be cooked by Molly). This may be the first construction task which would also bring the opportunity to explore more sections around Reksio house.

Before the heroes arrive into the town, we also may have a mini game of driving which may involve controlling light stops as for the car of Reksio and Kretes to be able to pass without being detected by the police (they had no driving license and, on top, their car was too old).

Once they are into town, they end up having no money and so they must find ways in which to obtain the sum of money to buy pasta. Here we can have multiple missions--for example of working for a restaurant (in which the main cook can be a rat, parody to Ratatouille animation) and when R&K are offered free cooked pasta for accomplishing their task (after a mini game of some sort), Kretes refuses saying something like the pasta would get cold by the time they will get back home or Molly knows how to prepare them better. :) Also, we can have other mini-games, of sorting books at a library, of selling different things at a market, etc. Well, there may be no more than 3 different tasks into the city. At the end, they would have enough money to buy pasta for the 4 moles and return back home.

Once they skip back home, the 4 moles repaired the machine and they all (more or less accidentally) travel into the other dimension of Kari Mata. That alternate reality can be a mix of old and modern. In that way, Kari Mata could have entered into contact with a mad scientist (a parody to Nikola Tesla) that constructed a similar extra-dimensional machine in the parallel world. But Reksio and Kari Mata do not have enough time to properly reunite. The machine of the so-called Tesla is broken after the transfer so the heroes now must find a way to help the scientist rebuild the machine. But what they also quickly learn is that in this parallel dimension the Kurator, without the existence of a Reksio to defeat him, was able to conquer the whole Kuran system and also the planet Earth. As a consequence, he brought a totalitarian regime on Earth (here we can make a parody of Half Life with the combine regime).

I actually didn't think at the entire game in all its possible details, but the rest of the game should contain, as usual, the struggle of Reksio and Kretes to find a way home. Also, the 4 moles which were transported along with them, may start a resistance movement underground against the Kurator and help the protagonists defeat the Kurator. (here we can have the parody to the Hollow Earth, even more direct than the City of Secrets). Tesla may also be abducted by the Kurator in his intention to force his genius provide the technology of traveling to other dimensions for expansion (who played the game Half Life will see the analogy). :)

With the perspective of a possible fan made game, what do you think about my ideas? Is this the next Reksio game we all deserve?

Pt, 15 lut 2019, 00:44
Mistrz Administracyjnej Magii

Naklejki: 17
Post Re: Idea for the next adventure of Reksio
Hi there, welcome to the forum. :)
Funny thing is, the fangame we are not working on here on forum has somewhat similar plot to what you proposed and even multiple episodes with general ideas a bit like what you came up with.
But... well... unfortunately it doesn't seem like said fangame will be finished any time soon. We run into many problems (laziness, technical limitations, laziness, lack of experience, laziness, unclear legal situation of source material, laziness...) and... yeah.
However, I personally love your idea and would likk to see it realised, even if there's no one to actually do it.
...How about writing a fanfic based on it? There is a whole subforum dedicated to fanfiction here.

Spoiler:

Pt, 15 lut 2019, 11:36
Się Odezwał

Post Re: Idea for the next adventure of Reksio
Thank you for your response.

Well, I didn't know that the fanmade project/s that are currently in work (...or not so much...) started on premises similar to those of my own story. I began to hatch this story in mind after I finished KN, back in the day.

I see that, coming from different imaginative backgrounds, our ideas managed to meet towards a similar intuitive form of the game's plot, kind of "reinventing the wheel". That is then to show how this direction of continuing the Reksio games, involving a parallel dimension of some sort, is the most obvious one for the progress of the old series. :)

I must thank you again for pointing out the opportunity of publishing my ideas into a fanfiction story. In the meantime, if the possibility of the community to make an actual game is very low (and I can understand why), I would rather choose the option of a comic (picture) book, with the story and the dialogue being accompanied by compensating images.

If I would have been more talented at drawing, I could have already start alone the project of a comic book and work on it with patience until its completion. This seems the second best option after, well, making an actual game. :) But, with my limited time and lack of experience in drawing, the project could easily take between 3 or 4 years and infinity... if I will work alone...

Another thing that is on my mind is to make a text-based adventure game. At least I think have the minimum programming knowledge for that (I took some optional lessons in high school) and I could finish such a game in approx. a year. I would try to make it very descriptive as well as easy to understand for some fans who are not very skilled in English.

In the text game you can have access to an inventory, have a save menu, I can even incorporate some music. In this way, I can also replicate in real time the mini-games I have on mind. The first inconvenience is that the game will be completely based on text, no image at all. It may be a more interactive alternative to just a simple story... but I don't know if someone will find it enjoyable enough. I would demand no credit and make the source code public online.

Yet the best to go for me would have been a comic book, but... just dreaming about all these ideas is the easy thing to do! :) I see that I'm certainly not the only one to do it here.

Pt, 15 lut 2019, 14:10
Odpowiedz w wątku   [ Posty: 3 ]